Payette Land Trust invites Valley & Adams County high school students to submit their artwork for the Second Annual Conserving the Heart of Idaho Student Art Contest!
WHAT YOU DO: Create a design you will paint on a 12-inch three dimensional fiberglass heart. The design should be related to West
Central Idaho’s natural environment, and we encourage designs that showcase PLT’s mission: Payette Land Trust is dedicated to conserving the rural landscapes of West Central Idaho to benefit our communities; protecting the scenic, agricultural, recreational, historic, and wildlife character of the region.
CONTEST DETAILS & INFO: Submit your entry by October 31, 2023, for a chance to be selected as one of three student heart artists. The completed hearts will be on display in late January and will be auctioned off with the larger, four-foot heart, created by local artist Claire Remsberg, at PLT’s SweetHEART Party & Auction on February 10, 2024 at the Shore Lodge Pavilion.
PRIZE: Winners will each receive a $150 prize and will be honored at PLT’s February 10th event if they so choose. Materials up to $100 will be provided to the artist by PLT.
HOW TO ENTER:
● All high school students are welcome.
● Submit a scan or photo of your design (front and back side of heart) by October 31, 2023 to email@example.com
● Include the following with your submission:
○ a title for your artwork
○ your full name
○ your grade in school and what school you attend
○ your contact information
○ a brief explanation of what you created and how it relates to Conserving the Heart of Idaho (can be written or video submission)
○ photos of three pieces of your prior artwork, two of which should be paintings
● Please use the attached heart outline showing the front and back design, keeping in mind the heart is three dimensional, so you may want the sides to flow together.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org